The People’s City Mission (PCM) has been a vital part of the Lincoln community for over 109 years. We were founded in 1907 by a number of local churches in the city. They wanted to demonstrate Christ’s love to people who were impoverished and homeless by providing them with emergency assistance of food, shelter, and clothing.
Through the years, our purpose has remained the same: bring the good news of Jesus Christ to the poor and homeless, and demonstrate His love for them by meeting basic human needs. Over the years, more than five hundred thousand people have been assisted by our ministry.
– Last year PCM served over 32,000 different people (1 in 8) in Lincoln (between our Homeless Prevention Center, Shelter and Clinic).
– 1500-2000 people are estimated to be homeless each night in Lincoln.
– 30% of the homeless population in the US is below the age of 18. The fastest growing segment of the US homeless population is families with children.
– More than 1 in 5 of Lincoln’s children live in poverty (That’s estimated to be 12,500 kids.)
– On any given night 300-400 people call People’s City Mission home.
– On any given night 50-80 children stay in our Family Shelter.
– We help homeless Vets out of homelessness by offering a 2 year transitional housing program.
– The PCM Free Medical Clinic is the 3rd largest in the USA. We provided over 18,000 patient visits last year.
– Last year PCM gave away over 1 million pounds of food to homeless and impoverished in Lincoln.
– Last year PCM served over 180,000 meals at our Shelter.
Learn more about what we do at peoplescitymission.org!